5 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water
- Balances PH levels. Lemons are acidic, but when metabolized they become alkaline. Alkalies are capable of neutralizing acid and help keep the oxygen in our blood at a safe pH level, which aids our bodies in healing and assimilate nutrients to resist illness. Drinking lemon water can help to alleviate heartburn, naturally.
- Clear, glowing skin! Staying hydrated helps keep our skin moisturized from the inside out. Lemons also carry a high concentration of Vitamin C, which helps fight wrinkles and blemishes.
- Kick starts the digestive system. A big glass of lemon water first thing in the morning encourages the liver to produce bile which will aid in healthy digestion. Lemon water also increases urination, which improves purification and alleviates constipation.
- Helps with weight loss. Some studies indicate that keeping the body in an alkaline state helps people lose weight faster. Lemons are high in fiber pectin, which helps satiety, making us feel full, longer.
- Helps kick a bad soda habit! According to the Harvard School of Public Health, sugary drinks, increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions. Soda contains high levels of phosphate and studies have shown that consuming more phosphate than calcium can have a deleterious effect on bone health. Adding lemon to sparkling water could satisfy any soda craving, and significantly benefit health!