TimeLess Medical Spa in Ogden, Utah offers the best and safest technology available for microneedling. SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first microneedling device cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up.
What is Microneedling?
The pen-like device houses tiny needles which rotate over the skin causing controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage.
How does it work?
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
The treatment results in effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact. As the micro-injuries heal, new collagen forms resulting in:
- improved overall skin quality.
- smoother, more even texture.
- reduced appearance of scars and fine lines.
How can PRP help improve treatment?
PRP (platlet rich plasma) contains growth factors that can trigger cell proliferation, speed healing and stimulate tissue regeneration in the treated area, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine.