If you’re prone to acne, you know how stressful breakouts can be. Acne always seems to breakout at the most inopportune times, and, for many people, they feel like they hardly ever respond to the many remedies that are supposed to be the cure.
So how can I prevent acne?
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Taking steps to create clean, healthy skin can be one of the best things you do for yourself, for a variety of reasons. Here are five natural, low cost things you can do to prevent acne:
- Use a face cleanser every day. Wash your face with warm water and a face cleaner every morning or evening. This clears away the dead skin, dirt, and bacteria that have accumulated over the course of the day, and that can lead to outbreaks.
- Try to avoid touching your face. Your hands can spread oils and bacteria that contribute to a breakout.
- Wear sunscreen when you go outside. Too much sun exposure can lead to all sorts of problems, including damaging the skin on your face.
- Exercise daily, and shower afterwards. Exercising helps the body in a myriad of ways. It makes the body’s immune system stronger, and it helps make your skin healthier. Just be sure to take a shower immediately after exercising.
- Don’t stress too much. Several studies have indicated that acne breakouts are linked to stress. Try not to worry too much, and put aside time each day to do something that you really enjoy. Also consider meditation or other relaxation takes.
Following these tips can lead to healthier skin and a clearer, cleaner face. Of course, for some of us, nothing that we do seems to prevent outbreaks. Fortunately, modern medical techniques have proven effective in the treatment of chronic acne. If you’re ready to take the next step in acne treatment, contact your Utah medical acne treatment specialists today for a free skin consultation with a TimeLess Master Esthetician.