According to the CDC, 1 in every 3 American adults suffers from high blood pressure. The fact that almost 35% of American adults are obese is no coincidence. Health care, medications, and missed days of work for that 31% with high blood pressure can cost the United States approximately 90 billion dollars per year.
The American Heart Association explains about high blood pressure,
“Over time, if the force of the blood flow is often high, the tissue that makes up the walls of arteries gets stretched beyond its healthy limit and damage occurs. This creates problems in several ways.”
Along with weight loss and maintaining a healthy diet, supplementing with L-Arginine can help lower blood pressure.
What is L-Arginine?
Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid, which is normally produced in the liver. It can also be found in many proteins, like dairy, fish, poultry and red meat. Arginine is used in the body to make nitric oxide, which is a vasodilator. Based on this and studies, it has been found that increasing L-Arginine can help cardiovascular diseases.
Now L-Arginine can be supplemented in your diet with a simple scoop of powder, and offer countless benefits to many different systems in the human body. By supplementing with 3-6 grams per day of L-Arginine, you can:
- Increase the release of the anti-aging hormone (Human Growth Hormone)
- Improve blood circulation
- Prevent atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and reduces some existing atherosclerosis
- Lower blood pressure, or reduce adverse side effects of high blood pressure
- Reduce risk of blood clots and stroke
- Improve kidney function
- Stimulate the immune system
- Lower total and LDL cholesterol levels
- Reduce insulin resistance
- Improve asthma
- Facilitate weight loss from the release of Human Growth Hormone
- Improve muscle performance
- Improve memory and cognitive function
- Hair loss can occur as a result of Arginine deficiency
- Improve sexual health
An L-Arginine supplement is a “must have” for those who are looking to lower blood pressure and improve their overall health. Of course, consult with your physician to find out if this is the right course for you. You can purchase an L-Arginine supplement at TimeLess Medical Spa. Mention this blog and receive 10% off of your L-Arginine purchase.