Eating healthy becomes a breeze when it is DELICIOUS and EASY! This recipe offers both flavor and ease.
You will need:
- 2 large cans of shredded chicken in water
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with cilantro
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1-3 tbsp of taco seasoning, depending on desired flavor
Drain the the excess liquid from the cans of chicken and black beans.
Lightly brown the shredded chicken in an electric skillet with desired amount of taco seasoning.
Mix in black beans and tomatoes, stirring around for about 2 minutes.
Bring temperature down on the skillet, and mix in diced bell peppers.
Cover, and let simmer for 2 minutes.
Makes 9, 8oz servings | 200 calories 24 protein
Serving Options (add any additional calories accordingly):
- Serve over mixed greens with a light sprinkling of shredded cheese for a taco salad.
- Add a side of Quinoa
- Roll up in a WIO, whole wheat or corn tortilla
- Carb free- this meal even tastes great alone!